perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Segfault Help!?!?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:12:39 GMT
amiribarksdale wrote:
> Does anyone have any guidance on what I should do here?
>
> Amiri

 From the archive thread: -
http://www.nabble.com/Segfault-Help%21-%21--tp17599739p17627528.html

"Here are two short snippets of gdb output from the other evening. Can
someone lead me in the right direction? One interesting problem is the
call in the traces for index.mhtml. That file doesn't exist and isn't
called for anywhere in my codebase--at least not intentionally. And
obviously, shortly thereafter, the apache child dies."

You are most likely using HTML::Mason as your request handler.  That
file index.html does not exist, so mason looks for an autohandler as
shown in the backtrace:

stat("/home/web/htdocs/index.mhtml", 0x30c04e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)
stat("/home/web/htdocs", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0775, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0

"This started when I moved my server from a RAM-starved server to a
beefier one. I have had to recompile and reinstall my own perl from
source, reinstall my module environment, re*compile* my module
environment, and reconfigure DBI and DBD::mysql to work with the latest
version of the rpm-installed mysql 5 on my new server."

I would suggest using the exact same versions that you were using
previously.  I saw that you moved to a 64 bit server - were you using a
32 bit box before?  Did you copy any .so's over?

When changing the versions of code that you were using, the problem you
are generating can come from many places.  Try minimizing the variance
by using exactly what modules you had in the working setup.  If you are
still getting segfaults, that narrows down the list of causes and makes
the problem easier to solve.