perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Dami Laurent (PJ)" <laurent.d...@justice.ge.ch>
Subject wrote Authen module dealing with cookies : now POST requests get corrupted. Any advice ?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 06:27:34 GMT
Hi everybody,

I recently wrote  an extension to Apache2::AuthenNTLM in order to store
the NTLM authentified username in a cookie (module
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache2-AuthenNTLM-Cookie/).

Now I found out that this module has a critical bug : the content of
POST requests gets corrupted (bug
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=36847).

I don't really know where to start to fix the bug. My hypothesis is that
perhaps this is because I'm using Apache2::Cookie, which itself uses
libaprequest, and maybe these modules are not meant to be used in an
early Apache phase, and leave the input stream in an buggy state. I
looked at a couple of other authentication modules using cookies, but
they don't seem to use the Apache2::Cookie API.

Is that the hypothesis correct ? Does anybody have good advice on that
problem ?

Thanks in advance,

	Laurent Dami