perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2 + perl UTF-8 problem
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:33:24 GMT
On Sun 22 Jun 2008, André Warnier wrote:
> Now, the first thing I would like to understand is why this is so.
> Since this is a POST, and since the browser knows that "everything" is
> UTF-8, I would expect it to send the proper multipart POST, with each
> item marked as UTF-8.  So why does my cgi-bin script not see it as such ?

Yes that is the current state. Neither CGI nor libapreq2 does that conversion
for you, afaik. You have to do it yourself.

> (I am trying to do that to see the content of the real POST, before
> CGI.pm grabs it.)

You could write a small mod_perl input filter. That's not complicated in your
case. With luck one of the examples on perl.apache.org does fit your needs.

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?
Just hire me: torsten.foertsch@gmx.net