perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Rolf Schaufelberger ...@plusw.de>
Subject Re: graphics in perl
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:04:55 GMT
Am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2008 11:27:26 schrieb Malka Cymbalista:
> We are running perl 5.8.5 on a Linux machine that is running apache 2.2.6
> with mod_perl 2.0.3.  Our data is in a MySQL database (MySQL 5.0.45)
>
> We have been asked to write a web application that requires plotting
> capabilities.  We do most of our web programming in perl so I am looking
> for a perl module that has the following features: 1. ability to create
> histograms
> 2. ability to create x,y plots
> 3. ability to zoom in on a portion of the graph
> 4. ability to calculate the distance between 2  points on the graph
> 5. ability to hover on a point and bring up some text
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for which perl modules we should look
> into?
>
> Thanks for any information.

For drawing graphs you can have a look at google graph api
(http://code.google.com/apis/chart/)

I've once used another cart libray offering API in different languages
see : http://www.advsofteng.com/product.html

And then there is GD::Graph, but I have no experience with this.
For basic graphic functions look  at Imager (imager.perl.org)

--
Regards
Rolf Schaufelberger