perl-modperl mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brian Gaber" <Brian.Ga...@PWGSC.GC.CA>
Subject RE: Segfault when connecting during Apache startup with Apache::DBI
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:15:13 GMT
On AIX 5.2 I am using Perl 5.8.0, MySQL 5.0.51a, Apache 2.2.28, mod_perl
2.04, DBI 1.604 and DBD 4.0007 and it all works good.

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Kremer [mailto:list@funkreich.de] 
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 5:51 AM
To: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: Segfault when connecting during Apache startup with
Apache::DBI

Quoting Tobias Kremer <list@funkreich.de>:

> On 25.06.2008, at 20:58, Amiri Barksdale wrote:
> > I had big trouble with DBD::mysql 4.007. I didn't get rid of my 
> > segfault problem running mod_perl 1.31 until I went back to 4.004.
>
> Thanx. It really looks a lot like my problem:
>
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=36810
>
> I'll try reverting to an earlier version of DBD::mysql.

The latest DBD::mysql really seems to be the culprit. Even on a freshly
installed Ubuntu 8.04 with the stock Perl 5.8.8 but self-compiled MySQL
5.0.51a, Apache 1.3.41, mod_perl 1.30, DBI 1.605 and DBD 4.0007 I'm
getting segmentation faults. After installing DBD 4.0004 everything
works fine. Of course, I made sure that the correct MySQL library was
linked.

I can't understand what 4.0007 is still doing on CPAN as the most recent
version. But maybe this still is an Ubuntu and/or MP1 related thing -
even with most components rolled by myself ...

Now if I could just get rid of those annoying random "Commands out of
sync" and "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" errors that
happen once in a while ...

--Tobias

Mime
View raw message