perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tobias Kremer <l...@funkreich.de>
Subject Re: Segfault when connecting during Apache startup with Apache::DBI
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:54:20 GMT
Quoting Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com>:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Tobias Kremer <list@funkreich.de> wrote:
> > Now if I could just get rid of those annoying random "Commands out of sync"
> and
> > "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" errors that happen once in a
> > while ...
> Those generally mean that you timed out (set MySQL's timeouts longer)
> or did something incorrectly with forking.

We never fork and I thought that Apache::DBI takes care of checking if a
connection went stale by utilizing DBI's/DBD::mysql's ping() method? Sometimes
I'm also seeing this error seconds after restarting the mod_perl Apache - I
think that there should be only fresh connections then ...

Any other ideas? Thanks!

--Tobias