perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Mark Blackman <m...@blackmans.org>
Subject Re: reinitializing Perl's notion of $$ in mod_perl
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:29:15 GMT

On 17 Apr 2008, at 07:46, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Mark Blackman wrote:
>>> It does indeed have the desired effect of getting $$ reset to the
>>> child pid by the time the PerlChildInitHandler handler is called.
>
> Good, so it is clearly a bug then.

Right, so that's appropriate as a long term fix. I'll note that
on a very similar version of mod_perl/perl/apache on a linux
box, this problem doesn't crop up as though the hook calling
order works out differently there.

I couldn't for the life of me follow any details of the ap_hook_*
stuff.

>> I'm not quite sure what the positive result here suggests. Is that
>> patch appropriate as a long term fix? Should it be part of 2.0.4?
>
> It'll be part of 2.0.5, since 2.0.4 has just been released.

durn. what timing.

> Any chance you could turn this bug into a patch to the test suite ?

uhh. perhaps. I wonder how easy it will be to replicate on other
platforms.

- Mark