perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "David E. Wheeler" <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Porting Bricolage to mp2: TransHandler Interference
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:18:21 GMT
On Apr 23, 2008, at 11:09, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> cleanup handlers are just callbacks run when a memory pool goes out
> of scope.

Oh. And here I thought that they ran when the request completed.

> your test suggests that the memory pool allocated for the request is
> going out of scope before the response handler runs, which is odd
> indeed :)

Any idea how that can happen? Or what that weird /101/ "subrequest" is
about?

> I'd try these things:
>
>  o use a PerlLogHandler instead of a PerlCleanupHandler

But that runs before the request is returned to the user, right?

>  o push your cleanup from an earlier phase instead of httpd.conf
>
>  o call $r->cleanup_register from an earlier phase instead of
> pushing a  handler

Thanks, I'll give those a try, just as soon as I finish building a
debugging perl + mod_perl + Apache system to debug another issue on
the developers list. :-)

Thanks,

David