perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: What happened with Apache2::Reload in mod_perl-2.0.4?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:37:00 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Fred Moyer wrote:
>> Niels van Dijke wrote:
>>> Hi mod_perl maintainers,
>>>
>>> Thank you for releasing mod_perl 2.0.4.
>>>
>>> I was wondering what happened to Apache2::Reload? Was it missed in
>>> packaging for the upload to CPAN? If so then there may be other files
>>> missing too.
>>
>> See the Changelog:
>>
>> Apache2::Reload has been moved to an externally maintained
>> CPAN distribution
>>
>> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Reload-0.10/
>
> hmm...
>
> I can't remember if I knew this or not, but we probably ought to treat
> this like Apache-Test: keep bundling it with releases _and_ maintain
> something separate on CPAN.

That's on the radar for 2.0.5, along with Apache::SizeLimit, to bundle
using svn:external.  Phillip Gollucci brought this up about a month ago
or so, and I started to move on it but Gozer brought up a number of
things that had to be done to make this happen and the works with 5.10
release was pressing at that point.

Don't worry, I won't forget about it :)

--
Red Hot Penguin Consulting LLC