perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject [a little OT] mod_proxy 502 errors in dual apache setup
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:12:50 GMT
Hi folks,

Slightly OT but hopefully someone on here has had similar experience.
I've got a site with fairly heavy traffic and a light/heavy apache
setup.  Occasionally the back-end servers seem to get swamped and
suddenly every request from the front end starts getting a 502 proxy
timeout until I restart both apache servers.

I'm about to start digging through logs to try and track down the issue
but wondered if anyone who's seen this before could give me a head start.

cheers
John