perl-modperl mailing list archives

From adam.pr...@utoronto.ca
Subject Re: [a little OT] mod_proxy 502 errors in dual apache setup
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:37:35 GMT
502's show up when you have more connections from the front end to the
back end that it can service.  The proxy server has a timeout [1], and
if it doesn't get a response within that time frame you get a 502.

You can create a custom error document on your front end for 502's to
make them a little less jarring.

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxytimeout