perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "J. Peng" <peng....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MapToStorage and the use of path_info (was Re: return DECLINED...)
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 05:48:24 GMT
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Raymond Wan <rwan@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>  Not a very technical answer, but maybe an easy way of thinking of
>  things.  The second scenario also makes it possible for Google, etc. to
>  index your web pages since it is a "real" URL.  In the first case, it is
>  possible, but not as straight-forward.

oh, it's good that I learned another way to request an uri with the
path_info way.
yes the path_info uri is good to be recorded by google, since it looks
doesn't like a dynamic page.
for us we generally use mod_rewrite to rewrite a dynamic page to seem
like a static page,like:

    RewriteRule  ^/myspace/my(\d+).html  /myspace/index.cgi?id=$1

thanks.

//joy