2008/2/11, Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com>:
On Feb 11, 2008 11:10 AM, titetluc titetluc <titetluc@gmail.com> wrote:
> From your previous answers, I conclude that there is no way to suppress a
> session automagically by using the mod_perl API (unless using XS to
> implement a "monitor" hook -proposed in Apache 2.2 native API by Torsten).

Sessions are not part of the mod_perl (or apache) API at all, so
working with them will always be a separate thing.  I think there were
some pretty good tools pointed out though, and hopefully one of them
suits your needs.  You can always install custom code at various
phases of the request to validate a user's credentials and take action
based on them.

>  The only way to suppress sessions is to use a pooling mechanism.

I don't know what you mean by "pooling" here.

OK, pooling is maybe a franglais (mix of French and English) term

By pooling, I mean the fact that expired sessionS have to be REGULARLY purge (in opposed to a callback mechanism (IMHO,  the best solution ). This callback would be called on ONE session expiration and would suppress it. You would not have any purge latency with such a solution).

Gaetan

- Perrin