perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Aaron Trevena" <aaron.trev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amazon
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:21:45 GMT
On 23/02/2008, Michael Lackhoff <michael@lackhoff.de> wrote:
>  - Perl usage is declining. I read some statistics from O'Reilly and
>     they showed that Perl book sales are going down.
>     A few years ago the 'P' in LAMP clearly was 'Perl', now it is 'PHP'
>     in most cases. Developers tend to go (even if slowly) where the money
>     is.

Sorry, you're making wild claims there - yes ORA perl book sales are
down, but then that really doesn't indicate much - most of the ORA
perl books have been around for ages and are on their 3rd or 4th
reprint. Hardly a surprise.

If you look at other more useful numbers you can see that the number
of contributors to CPAN and perl projects in increasing, the number of
jobs is steady or increasing, and that actually it's all rather
healthy.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk