perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>
Subject Re: Amazon
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:25:42 GMT

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Foo JH wrote:

> Can be anything really, though I admit I'm not in the know. Sometimes
> it's simply a business decision: perhaps moving development off-shore to
> companies that are full of Java/ .NET people? Can't find enough
> competent mp developers?

It is certainly hard to find good mp developers.

However, mod_perl has always been for the tech people; unless in a
technocracy, java would always be the choice for the class of
management.

Choosing java for better performance would certainly be a joke. If a
java solution fails, it would be an industry-standard failure, backside
covered. :-)

Cheers,

Jie