perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "titetluc titetluc" <titet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MP2][QUESTION]Session and inactivity
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:01:17 GMT
2008/2/13, Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com>:

> On Feb 13, 2008 2:03 AM, titetluc titetluc <titetluc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > By pooling, I mean the fact that expired sessionS have to be REGULARLY
> purge
> > (in opposed to a callback mechanism (IMHO,  the best solution ). This
> > callback would be called on ONE session expiration and would suppress
> it.
> > You would not have any purge latency with such a solution).
>

> There were multiple suggestions that worked through the sort of
> callback solution you describe: mod_auth_tkt, CHI, storing a timestamp
> in the session (as opposed to in a separate column in the sessions
> database table), Apache::SessionManager...

All of these modules propose an expiration mechanism, but they do not
propose a mechanism to automatically destroy session at expiration (this is
what I call a "callback" mechanism).
This implies that the session destruction has to be called explicitly.

We could imagine an interface where a callback is defined when a session is
created

For example,
session_create(inactivity => 30, callback => sub{print "Session
automagically destroyed";})

There would be no need to call a session_delete function !!

Gaetan

- Perrin