perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Module fails - but nothing is logged
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:42:50 GMT
On Feb 9, 2008 10:31 AM, brett lee <brettlee@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My problem is that this works fine for several requests, but then it fails.  And when
it fails, ALL four (left,right,top,bottom) of the arrays that have calls to "printAd" fail.
 Never just one, always all four.  The rest of the HTML in the arrays is displayed.

This could mean that your module does something at runtime like a
require() call which is failing for new processes spawned after the
initial processes die.  I'd suggest either running it under the
debugger or putting in lots of debug logging to see where it is
failing.  You may also want to read this part of the docs:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Name_collisions_with_Modules_and_libs

- Perrin