perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Raymond Wan <r...@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Subject Re: return DECLINED or OK?
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:52:28 GMT
J. Peng wrote:
> Do you mean mod_rewrite for the trick?
> yes with mod_rewrite people can rewrite:
>  http://example.com/archive/news/2008/02/29/index.html
> to something like:
>  http://example.com/archive/news?object=/2008/02/29/index.html
>
> so here /archive/news is filename and /2008/02/29/index.html is path_info,is it?
> But in this case we don't need to guess the path_info from filename,
> just saying $r->param() can get the arguments,:)

No, that's not what I meant and I also wasn't aware of mod_rewrite.  :-)

Might I make a suggestion?  It seems this discussion has moved quite
beyond the original subject.  This (in my humble opinion) is not
something you learn in a day.  Well, I certainly didn't.  I think you'll
pick it up in time and one starting point is to write some sample code
and try things out...

Ray