perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Raymond Wan <r...@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Subject Re: handler using a module
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:11:17 GMT

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Greter wrote:
> I can only tell why myHandler::myFunction () is working.
> I think you export the myFunction in Module myOwnFunctions.
> I assume you didn't post that part of the code?

Ah, yes -- I didn't think that was doing it but yes, I also have:

require Exporter;

our @ISA = qw (Exporter);
our @EXPORT = qw (myFunction);
our @EXPORT_OK = qw (myFunction);

> Therefore myFunction is also accessible within the namespace myHandler,
> and therefore the second version is working as I would expect.
>
> But I cannot tell you why myOwnFunctions::myFunction itself is not
> working.

Hmmm, I see.

Is there any problem if I continue with myHandler::myFunction () for
now?  Maybe later on, I will figure out what is wrong...perhaps some
other silly mistake that I also didn't post?  I will continue
investigating...

As someone new to Mason and modperl, what is the correct way of doing
this?  i.e., the correct practice?  Should myOwnFunctions be exporting?
More importantly, should I do this:

use lib 'my Path';
use myOwnFunctions;  ##  Located in "my Path"

I thought by doing so, it loads myOwnFunctions once per process.  But
I'm having doubts about whether what I'm doing makes any sense...  :-)

Thank you!

Ray