perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [MP2][QUESTION]Session and inactivity
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:17:43 GMT

titetluc titetluc wrote:

> OK, pooling is maybe a franglais (mix of French and English) term
>

> By pooling, I mean the fact that expired sessionS have to be REGULARLY purge
> (in opposed to a callback mechanism (IMHO,  the best solution ). This
> callback would be called on ONE session expiration and would suppress it.
> You would not have any purge latency with such a solution).

Polling ?
pool : a group of things or persons among which you can choose (or a big
hole with liquid in it, but that's something else)

poll : an election (you ask several people something, and collect the
answers). By extension : from time to time, you check a list of sessions
if there is any expired one, to clean it up.

(s) André (just another Franglais speaker)