perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Foo JH <jhfoo...@extracktor.com>
Subject AP820 is more stable than AP822 (for mp2)
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 03:16:58 GMT
Following the community's earlier comment on how modperl was compiled
against build 820 of ActivePerl, I've decided to check it out (since my
822 copy is acting up a little on my mp2 setup).

It's not that 822 is not good for 2.2.8. I'm able to restart the service
on a bare-bones config. But with a lot more real-world initialisation
thrown in (including dynamic location registration through
Apache2::ServerUtil), suddenly I'm not able to restart Apache. I'm not
referring to service stop-start, but rather Apache's own restart (via
ApacheMonitor).

With 820, Apache restart is better now.

Disclaimer: This is strictly based on Win32, on ApacheLounge's 2.2.8
binary. I'm still not able to get a working stack on AP820 + ASF-AP2.2.8.