perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Foo JH <>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.6, mod_perl 2.0.3 msvcrt.dll start problem
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 02:45:01 GMT
I know. ApacheLounge uses a different (newer) compiler, and the
implications can be quite risky. I've started on this path since the
earlier 2.2.x when modperl on the ASF binaries has been unreliable, and
support on the mailing list confirmed my experience more than resolved it.

Why don't you give it a try and see if you're having it better?

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Foo JH wrote:
>> Andre,
>> I've recently set up a test based very closely on your platform:
>> AP2.2.8
>> AP5.8.8 Build 822
>> MP2.0.3
> You mention a VC 2005 build of httpd, which build of MP?  2005?
> Not sure which uwinnipeg is built against, msvcrt or msvcr80.
> But my recent observation is that if you use AS Perl, which is built
> against msvcrt, it's likely best to use modperl built against msvcrt
> as well.  I'm doubting httpd's clib has a whole lot to do with it.

View raw message