perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Rafael Caceres <rcace...@aasa.com.pe>
Subject Re: MP1 -> MP2 migration Problems.
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:13:41 GMT
Andre,

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 23:00 +0100, André Warnier wrote:
> Of course, what I forgot to mention below - and sorry if you know that
> already - is that whichever perl modules you pre-load in your main
> Apache server config via the startup.pl script, you do not need to "use"
> anymore in all your perl scripts or Apache/mod_perl handlers.
This is the first time that NOT using "use" because it was preloaded is
mentioned. In fact, how would the modules compile (while testing for
example)?

> (At the cost of having them (insibly) duplicated in all the children
> processes).
Again, this is the first time this is mentioned. It would mean that, say
10 or 20 scripts under mod_perl using DBI,DBD::Oracle,CGI and Template
would have the effect of using up to 20 times the memory footprint?
Wasn't preloading suposed to do the exact opposite?

I'm at a loss here

> But it may simplify your migration problems, and you can always tune
> this later.
>
> André

Regards,
Rafael Caceres