perl-modperl mailing list archives

From c chan <cchan19...@earthlink.net>
Subject question on startup.pl overriding perl search path
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:00:05 GMT
I use "PerlConfigRequire /var/www/html/mypath/startup.pl" in httpd.conf to recompile all the
CGIs. Inside startup.pl, I added the line:

  use lib qw(. mylib);

To me amazement, after all the CGI is precompiled, they start to look into the "." and "mylib"
path for loading Perl Modules without even having the line [use lib qw(. mylib);] incorporated
in each individual cgi script.

Can someone explain to me why this is the case? Is the mod_perl startup.pl script simply becomes
the parent apache process for all the preloaded CGIs?

If I remove mod_perl, can I use the

  PerlSetEnv -I/var/www/html/mypath -I/var/www/html/mypath/lib

to achieve the same result.

This will make a profound effect on my CGI directory because whatever I installed will no
longer affect the system perl module search path. In effect, this will make my application
self contained and making trouble shooting make easier.

- C Chan