perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Malcolm <mjhlists-modperl-20060...@liminalflux.net>
Subject Re: Apache2::Upload partial upload
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:44:50 GMT
On Wednesday 09 January 2008 9:54:57 pm Foo JH wrote:

> Is there any value in receiving an incomplete upload?

Yes. The upload consists of multiple files in a multi-part POST. Getting some
of the files is better than getting none of the files.

> Are you better off deciding how to avoid the timeout instead?

The problem there is that I'm dealing with a custom client (I'm not actually
serving a website, the client end is a automated program not a browser), and
if we ship a new client, it takes about a year for 100% of the machines to be
updated. So if the timeout is client related (which is probable), and
fixable, it's still going to be a year before we've solved the problem. So
partial solutions for the interim are desireable.