perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Flex
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 02:47:24 GMT

On Dec 3, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Boysenberry Payne wrote:

> Our system could benefit a lot from being able to compile SWFs on
> the fly; right now they're all
> static files loaded dynamically.  I could see making them
> dynamically as needed, while still serving
> up the static renditions.

We do some dynamic SWF generation via mod_perl; there are some
actionscript bytecode compilers under perl
There's also a decent Python and Erlang library out there too.

For anything dynamic, its pretty simple- you can merge swfs, do simple
actions / var publishers as wrappers which load desgined flash files,
etc.

not very hard!