perl-modperl mailing list archives

From andreas.koenig.7os6V...@franz.ak.mind.de (Andreas J. Koenig)
Subject Re: RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.31 RC1
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:39:53 GMT
said:

  > Looks like it was caused by httpd's own stuff defining LIBEXT and clobbering
  > our own. Can you try the attached patch ?

Maybe I'm too tired right now, but on the first try it did again not work, saying

  cc: modules/perl/libperl.a: No such file or directory
  make[3]: *** [target_static] Error 1
  make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/src/apache_1.3.39/src'
  make[2]: *** [build-std] Error 2
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/src/apache_1.3.39'
  make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/src/apache_1.3.39'
  make: *** [apaci_httpd] Error 2

I then changed directory to apache.../src/modules/perl/ and did a
'make libperl.a', which did compile one for me. Then I switched back
to mod_perl directory and retried a 'make' and indeed this finished
without error.

I'll retry tomorrow if I did something stupid. Let me know if this
rings a bell for you.

Good night,
--
andreas