perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: apache mod_perl aborted a process within a eval block without completing it
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:53:58 GMT
On Dec 7, 2007 4:45 PM, Ronald Dai. <Ronald@proexam.org> wrote:
> eval could not catch exit() calls but exit() calls within eval actually
> won't have the process exit...I just tested it.

You must have tested something else, because exit() does cause a
process to leave an eval block.  Maybe you tried it in a Registry
script?  Those override exit() using the standard perl methods for
overriding CORE:: functions.

This does not print anything:
perl -e 'eval { exit(0); }; print "foo";'

> since in most cases the eval competed normally, I
> kind suspect that it is mod_perl or apache that is doing something...

Well, mod_perl is just perl.  There's nothing different about the
language or the interpreter.

- Perrin