perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Visual Studio 2008 and ActiveState Perl 5.10 updates
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:50:45 GMT
-0.5

I would actually like to see builds prepared against MSVCRT80, which is
available in the Vista SDK's bundled free compiler, rather than having
users need to download the SDK + VS Express Edition + configure the one
to find and work with the other (a royal pain).  As long as the latest
SDKs are bundled with compilers (for x86, amd64 and even the ia64 for
those who find that useful) there's no reason not to keep the build
procedure as simple as possible for those of us *cough* who prefer not
to buy a new VS suite every time MS feels like trying to send me one :-)

My $0.02,
  Issac