perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: dynamic config
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:30:23 GMT
I think that to truly change the ServerAlias in all your processes you
need to restart the server, but i could very well be wrong.

However, this is something i've wanted to do too, and the way i had been
thinking about getting around an inability to add ServerAliases in the
short term was to set up a catch all virtual host that would use the
requests Host header to determine what it should ultimately do with the
request.

In the scenario i was imagining i'd have an init handler that would run
on the catch all vhost which would stuff a handful of variables into
pnotes.  My later phase code would then check for the existance of the
pnotes variables, and either use them, or use it's normal route of doing
whatever it was wanting to do.

If you were just adding additional server aliases for already set up
sites you could just have your init handler redirect to the 'main'
domain' of that alias or something like that.

Another option to think about anyway.

Adam