perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Boysenberry Payne <boysenbe...@habitatlife.com>
Subject Re: Flex
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 23:30:12 GMT
I currently use the ruby gem sprouts for compiling Flex apps.  I
would love to see a version
packaged for a mod_perl system.  It really is all about learning what
makes the flex compiler
work then strapping to perl instead of php or ruby.  I would love to
help with a project like this
but don't have the resources to take point.

Our website builder is completely mod_perl on the backend and uses
Flash on the front/middle.
We also have html output too:
http://www.habitatlife.com/

Our system could benefit a lot from being able to compile SWFs on the
fly; right now they're all
static files loaded dynamically.  I could see making them dynamically
as needed, while still serving
up the static renditions.

-bop