perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: caching reverse proxy config+init scripts
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:40:50 GMT
Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> At the address
> http://www.guindilla.eu/blog/2006/12/31/deployement-nginx-reverse-proxy-my-network/
>

> I found the text below. Does anyone know if it is still true?
>>> Pound (http://www.apsis.ch/pound/index_html) is light-weight, easy to
>> I can disagree -- nginx does everything that pound does, plus will
>> handle your vanilla

FLAME WAR!!!1!1!

Seriously though, it looks as though there are 5-10 good front end
server options which support the following to various degrees:

 - reverse proxy
 - caching
 - load balancing
 - static file serving

There is no clear choice since our setups range from single low spec
boxes to multi-server solutions with load balancing and big fat caches.

Does anyone fancy doing an unbiased comparison for perl.apache.org?

John