perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: caching reverse proxy config+init scripts
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:19:13 GMT
Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
>> Pound (http://www.apsis.ch/pound/index_html) is light-weight, easy to
> I can disagree -- nginx does everything that pound does, plus will
> handle your vanilla static files and even use fcgi to handle php and
> other stuff

Reading these responses I think a generic config is required that can
work with various front-end servers - pound, lighttpd, nginx and
apache.  What I want to achieve is something that allows us all to avoid
having to write new config files to fit in with whatever the current
favourite distro uses.

The requirement really came out of moving a typical dual-apache setup
from RedHat-style to Debian-style, and finding the Debian-style apache
config setup completely different.  It would also be nice to make use of
<IfDefine> sections in the Apache config to easily switch between
different types of setup - single server, dual-apache, apache+nginx etc.

cheers
John