perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: XS-based minifiers for JS/CSS
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:54:12 GMT
If you'll pardon the devil's advocate bit...

Caching isn't really the issue - you can use mod_cache, or make your own
using CSS::Minifier.  I think Bjorn was questioning the
Apache2::Filter::Minifier:: approach.

Here's a different take on Apache2::Filter::Minifier.  I run a small web
dev shop, I code perl and manage the servers, and I have a small team of
web developers who make works of art using JS and CSS.  I have a few
hundred man-hours* per month for development.  We're talking about
simply deploying a module to speed up some sites, without it using up
many man-hours.  Thanks, Community!**   This helps me proudly tell my
customers about mod_perl, and in will help my business get to the point
where we can contribute code and ideas back to the community.

* woman-hours too, of course, but it's still all blokes here
** Community as in Graham, Geoffrey and co

John