perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: global vs multi-process
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:10:08 GMT
On 9/6/07, David Willams <davwill97@gmail.com> wrote:
> Child processes cannot update %CACHE, so what other apache methods or
> architectural strategies exist (creative, elaborate, etc) or have been used
> to update a similar hash?

You'll find many discussions about sharing data in the list archives
and in the mod_perl books.  Some basic options:

- RDBMS
- Cache::FastMmap
- BerkeleyDB
- Cache::Memcached

> Unfortunately, a database will not work for my current problem.

If you could explain what your requirements are, we might be able to
make better suggestions.  If the issue is speed, BerkelyDB and
Cache::FastMmap are both significantly faster than an RDBMS.

- Perrin