perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject PerlResponseHandler + mod_jk
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:03:15 GMT
Context : Apache2, mod_perl2, Tomcat, mod_jk1.2

In an Apache2/Tomcat5 setup, I have the following configuration directives :

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
   # - URI's corresponding to calls to the X servlet are redirected to
tomcat via the mod_jk module
	JkMount /xyz ajp13
	JkMount /xyz/* ajp13
</IfModule>

But, I would like some of the above URL request to be pre-processed by a
mod_perl handler, like

<Location /xyz>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlResponseHandler My::module
   PerlSetVar anyvar "anyvalue"
</Location>

My::module would do something (or not) to the request, then it should
let the (possibly modified) request go through, so that the mod_jk
module can intercept it and re-direct it to Tomcat.

The problem is that I can *either* have one or the other configuration
snippet above, but if I try both, then the request is always
"short-circuited" by the mod_jk module (and re-directed to Tomcat), and
the mod_perl handler is never executed.  Or vice-versa I think,
depending on which comes last.

I have found one solution, which is to install the mod_perl handler as a
PerlAccessHandler, as such :

<Location /xyz>
   PerlAccessHandler My::module
   PerlSetVar anyvar "anyvalue"
</Location>

In this way, the mod_perl handler is executed in an earlier Apache phase
than the mod_jk intercept.  It works fine, but since the function of the
module has basically not much to do with Access Control, I wonder if
there is not a  more elegant way to do this.

I guess it boils donw to the following more generic question :
Assuming that the Apache configuration would already specify some
(non-perl) handlers for some Location, Directory or whatever, is there a
way to "insert" mod_perl handlers in the chain, without overriding the
other handlers ?
And if yes, what does the mod_perl handler need to return to insure that
the other handlers run also (OK, DECLINED,..) ?

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance
aw