perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: re-post : duplicate sockets with mp2, apache2, linux
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:54:37 GMT
-- solved --

My thanks, but also my deepest apologies to anyone who bothered spending
time considering this post and its predecessor.

There is no voodoo and no problem with duplicate sockets or connections,
at least not in Apache2 or mod_perl2.  The problem was not in the code
of my PerlAuthenHandler module either, it was with my setup (and thus
with me anyway).

For the curious, I was connecting to an external database module, which
itself connects to a database system.  The problem was that instead of
telling the external module to connect to the database system, I was
telling it to connect to itself.  Which caused it to receive ipso-facto
a second connection request (and log this event), which caused me to
believe that it was the perl module which was connecting twice.
A classic case of re-reading something 20 times and overlooking the obvious.

AW