perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Christiaan Kras <c.k...@pcc-online.net>
Subject Re: modperl on Plesk
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:21:25 GMT
Michael Preslar schreef:
> Was wondering..
>
> Do any of you have any experience with mod_perl on Plesk managed servers?

My webhost uses Plesk for all their servers and thus support the usage
of mod_perl. Although very limited. I have no access to the httpd.conf
file so I can only use a .htaccess. So I can't use my own handlers. It
works ok, but the server I'm at isn't very secure. When I'm using
mod_perl I am the same user as the user that's running Apache. So I have
full access to all the websites that are on that server. Ofcourse, I'm
not abusing the ability to do so.

I must add that I'm on a shared server though.

--

Christiaan Kras