perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tyler Bird <bir...@epromo.com>
Subject Re: Downloading SpreadSheet Data with Apache
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:40:08 GMT
Michael Peters wrote:
> Tyler Bird wrote:
>

>> I run this script and the log files show the incrementing numbers in the
>> for loop, but
>> whats weird is that the browser seems to still be "downloading" you know
>> that little icon seems to be spinning
>> and I see no output not and html header of any line of text.
>>

> You need to tell the server not to buffer your output. Do something like this at
> the top of the routine you use to output the stream.
>
>   local $| = 1;
>

>> any ideas on why the browser is not receiving or the webserver is not
>> sending this content?
>>

> If you need to know what's happening HTTP wise, use some network analyzing tool
> like ethereal. But my guess is just that your web server isn't sending the info
> yet cause it's buffer isn't full.

Yes I did try this ( putting in the $| = 1 ) and the behavior did not
change the browser still appeared to be downloading
and the log files had all the numbers in the for() loop.   my browser
didn't seem to receive the content-type or the body of the response (
statments below for loop )
I am going to re look over $|

Here is the full version incase there is something I am missing.

--cut

local $| = 1;

require in;

my $max = 60 * 8;