perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Peters <mpet...@plusthree.com>
Subject Re: Downloading SpreadSheet Data with Apache
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:04:37 GMT
Tyler Bird wrote:

> I run this script and the log files show the incrementing numbers in the
> for loop, but
> whats weird is that the browser seems to still be "downloading" you know
> that little icon seems to be spinning
> and I see no output not and html header of any line of text.

You need to tell the server not to buffer your output. Do something like this at
the top of the routine you use to output the stream.

  local $| = 1;

> any ideas on why the browser is not receiving or the webserver is not
> sending this content?

If you need to know what's happening HTTP wise, use some network analyzing tool
like ethereal. But my guess is just that your web server isn't sending the info
yet cause it's buffer isn't full.

--
Michael Peters
Developer