perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Apache2::Filter::Minifier::JavaScript
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:12:40 GMT
Graham TerMarsch wrote:
> I've been working on some projects needing JS minification recently and wanted
> to ping others and find out if anyone else would find it useful to have a
> mod_perl2 filter that auto-minified your JS (using JavaScript::Minifier)...
> [...]
>
> Seeing the above makes me wonder, though... is there a way to set up a Perl
> output filter for -just- specific MIME-Types?  Similarly to
> AddOutputFilterByType, but for mod_perl handlers?

Not at this time, there is no PerlOutputFilterHandlerByType directive.
Most likely because you can implement it yourself in just a few lines
of Perl in a custom handler that just looks at the mime type and sets
up the filter you want.

No technical reason there couldn't be such a directive, but it would be
a might long and ugly name ;-)