perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <...@tomdonovan.net>
Subject Re: resend: Bug report re: Apache 2.2.6 on Windows
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:49:09 GMT
Michael Lackhoff wrote:
> On 18.09.2007 15:47 William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Hmm, I don't understand this, so I cannot say how serious it could be.
> My question is: Should I stick with 2.0.59 or upgrade with a patched
> 2.0.61/2.2.6?
> This is a production server and the change log lists quite a few
> security fixes for the new versions.
> As long as all that could be broken is logging, I think I would like to
> upgrade or could the change effect other parts as well (security)?
>
> - Michael

I don't think this patch is appropriate for production use, even if it
does work with 2.0.61.

My intent was just to (temporarily) bypass the mod_perl/FastCGI problems
to continue testing the rest of the changes in 2.2.6.  I certainly
wouldn't use it in production.

The effects of this patch, however, would be confined to error logging,
presuming Apache 2.0 even starts with the patch.

-tom-