perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: duplicate sockets ? mod-perl 2.0.2, apache 2.2
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:30:22 GMT

Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Perrin Harkins wrote:
>> On 9/13/07, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>>> In summary, the problem is that in the authen module I open a tcp
>>> connection to an external server *once*, but the server sees *two*
>>> connections being opened.
>> Any chance you are running that code during startup, before the fork happens?

I don't think so, but then what do I know ?

The module is mentioned only in the <location> section mentioned
earlier, and only as a PerlAuthenHandler.  It is not pre-loaded or
anything.  There is some unconditional logging in the module, and it
does not show up when starting/restarting Apache.
The log shows that the module is called when it should, iow when a user
tries to access the protected area.

This link :
http://ska.dev.wissensbank.com/mod_perl_list/
gives temporary access to pretty much everything relevant : module
source, apache logfiles, database module log, and a link to trigger the
authentication and consequent module's execution (which you can follow
later in the logfiles).

In the basic authentication dialog, you can enter whathever you want,
the problem happens during the subsequent phase of checking that id.

In the Apache error.log, the first message that appears for a particular
"click" on the protected link, is
Starting Authtest
That's a very good sign, but it's downhill from there..
(note : for the timestamp, the server in question in in Germany, I guess
Western European time).

Sigh. I keep on expecting someone will find the absolute beginner
bloober in my code and shame me, but I would like to understand what
happens.

Thanks