perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <>
Subject Re: intermittent import errror from Apache2::RequestUtil
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:35:13 GMT

Charlie Katz wrote:
> Hi,
> After some recent development work that included installing some new modules,
> I'm suddenly seeing an intermittent import error:
>   "document_root" is not exported by the Apache2::RequestUtil module
> This comes of course from the line
>    use Apache2::RequestUtil 'document_root';

the only reason to use that syntax would be so that perl knows which
method to call when you use document_root() by itself without a class or
package qualifier.  which, of course, is quite meaningless, as you need
a request object to make document_root() do anything.

so, change that to

  use Apache2::RequestUtil ();

and those random errors will go away and  everything will continue to
work at least as well as it used to :)

View raw message