perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Richard Jones <ra.jo...@dpw.clara.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with perl-status memory usage
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:36:02 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Richard Jones <ra.jones@dpw.clara.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure the XAMPP Apache server is using its own Perl rather
>> than the default /usr/bin/perl as I have a large number of dependencies
>> for my mod_perl web apps which do not exist under the default perl lib
>> path.
>
> Check it by finding the directory your Devel::Sympdump is in and
> seeing if it's in your mod_perl server's @INC.

find / -name Symdump.pm:
/opt/lampp/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Devel/Symdump.pm

/opt/lampp/bin/perl -e 'print join "\n", @INC':
/opt/lampp/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 (+ others under /opt/lampp)

But can I be absolutely sure the XAMPP mod_perl server *is* using the
libraries under /opt/lampp/lib? I think so because
$ENV{SERVER_SIGNATURE} from a printenv script lists Perl/v5.8.7, which
is the version of Perl bundled with XAMPP, whereas the default Mandrake
install is v5.8.5.
--
Richard Jones