perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Cosimo Streppone <cos...@streppone.it>
Subject Re: PDF creation tools
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 07:01:08 GMT
Bill Whillers wrote:

> I'm looking for a fast and simple module for creating simple PDF format
> documents from mostly text data and possibly some small images (i.e. icons,
> etc.).
>
> Any recommedations?

Hi Bill,

I think you should take a look at PDF::ReportWriter
( http://search.cpan.org/dist/PDF-ReportWriter ).

It allows quick & easy PDF generation, even from xml report
definitions. Allows to include many types of images and produces
nice tabular reports. You can also define custom "cells" of text,
positioned everywhere on the page. Can produce barcodes.

Comes with nice examples, so you can pick the nearest to your
needs and start with that.

Disclaimer: I contributed heavily to it.

--
Cosimo