perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Graham TerMarsch <modp...@howlingfrog.com>
Subject ANNOUNCE: Apache2-Filter-Minifier-JavaScript
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 04:07:23 GMT
The uploaded file

    Apache2-Filter-Minifier-JavaScript-1.00.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file:
$CPAN/authors/id/G/GT/GTERMARS/Apache2-Filter-Minifier-JavaScript-1.00.tar.gz
  size: 5186 bytes
   md5: 514ca279df6b96e6bfee6f4e0d36a9e7

Please allow time for the file to mirror across CPAN...

Apache2::Filter::Minifier::JavaScript filters JS through JavaScript::Minifier,
to minify the JS and reduce its final footprint.  This -ISN'T- obfuscation,
but minification; we're just removing whitespace and comments.

Minification can be CPU intensive depending on how big your JS is, so caching
is recommended (a mod_cache sample is included in the docs).

Many thanks to Geoffrey Young for his work on Apache::Clean, from which I, uh,
borrowed several things.  Also thanks to Peter Michaux for
JavaScript::Minifier.

Feedback/comments appreciated.

--
Graham TerMarsch