perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Charlie Katz <ck...@cfa.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: intermittent import errror from Apache2::RequestUtil
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:50:40 GMT
On Thu September 13 2007 1:35:13 pm Geoffrey Young wrote:
> the only reason to use that syntax would be so that perl knows which
> method to call when you use document_root() by itself without a class or
> package qualifier.  which, of course, is quite meaningless, as you need
> a request object to make document_root() do anything.
>
> so, change that to
>
>   use Apache2::RequestUtil ();
>
> and those random errors will go away and  everything will continue to
> work at least as well as it used to :)

because document_root is a method of the class Apache2::RequestUtil, and
methods aren't exported, they're invoked on instances of the class. Duh.

> HTH
>
> --Geoff

SD  (sure does)

Out of curiosity, why would my mistake not cause an error every time it runs?

Thanks!

Charlie Katz
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
ckatz@cfa.harvard.edu