perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Charlie Katz <ck...@cfa.harvard.edu>
Subject intermittent import errror from Apache2::RequestUtil
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:28:56 GMT
Hi,

After some recent development work that included installing some new modules,
I'm suddenly seeing an intermittent import error:

  "document_root" is not exported by the Apache2::RequestUtil module

This comes of course from the line

   use Apache2::RequestUtil 'document_root';

which appears in a script which was not changed in the recent development
work.

The error only occurs occasionally; most requests which use this script
execute successfully.  When the errors start occurring, restarting the server
seems to make them go away for a while.

I'm not familiar enough with the internal workings of exporting to know how to
begin debugging this.  What can cause this kind of behavior?  I have looked,
but am hard-pressed to see the difference between requests that fail and
those that succeed.

 (I'm using Apache 2.2.3, mod_perl 2.0.2, perl 5.8.5; also Mason 1.33)

Thanks.

Charlie Katz
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
ckatz@cfa.harvard.edu