perl-modperl mailing list archives

From antoine7 <anto...@7enlocation.com>
Subject Re: Perl section and request object
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:21:14 GMT

I've an SVN server on the same machine, at each commit the svn server update
the changes to a local directory /www with this structure

/www/www.domain1.com.lan/trunk
/www/www.domain1.com.lan/tags/001
/www/www.domain1.com.lan/tags/002
/www/www.domain1.com.lan/branches/001
/www/www.subdomain.domain2.com.lan/trunk

etc

so I will have apache that point dynamicly to trunk / each tags / each
branches of each domain ... we have a lot of search engine optimisation on
our websites, that restrict us, if a website is on a / of the production
webserver it has to be too on the dev server.

I've configurated a local TLD zone ".lan" with a wildcard that point *.lan
demand to the apache developpement server.

if the production website is www.domain1.com
the local trunk is www.domain1.com.lan -> DocumentRoot 'll point to
/www/www.domain1.com.lan/trunk
the first branche is dev.001.domain1.com.lan -> DocumentRoot 'll point to
/www/www.domain1.com.lan/branches/000
the fisrt tag is ver.001.domain1.com.lan -> DocumentRoot 'll point to
/www/www.domain1.com.lan/tags/001

etc

I've all working, except I don't know what Host is asked by the developper
on the apache server, so I can't calculate a DocumentRoot to serve him the
correct pages

I've also try with VirtualDocumentRoot with no success, I'm an SEO Project
Architect I well known some languages but not a perl and I'm not an Apache
expert ...

There's the solution to read the /www directory and generate dynamicly some
VHost but the server will have to be restarted each time a directory is
added to /www ... it's not a good option in my point of view

antoine